Fremantle Newborn Baby Photographer | What to expect
Fremantle Newborn Baby Photographer | What to expect
When you come to my little studio here at Stackwood, most of the time of the time you don't really have an idea what is involved in a newborn photography session. Yes, you have read your preparation guide and asked all the questions you want to know the answers to.
I just love seeing a clients expression while I’m posing and taking photos of your little ones. Often I find that dad felt that its an easy little social session. But I'm here to tell you my friend - Nope...
These sessions are physically exhausting, for your little one, your partner and for me the photographer.
So here's the "low - down" of a typical session.
All studio sessions are held weekday mornings at 8:30 am unless a different time has been scheduled, as this is when the light is at is most beautiful in our studio. I prefer to photograph newborns and babies in the studio only. (unless its a family session) but for more information on the process follow this link to the FAQ.
- Once you arrive we grab a coffee (or tea) from our little Stacked Cafe.
- We head to the studio, where I ask you to relax and make yourselves at home. Whilst giving bub a top up and drinking our coffee we have a little catch-up and go over all the details we've discussed before, just to make sure we haven't missed anything.
- Soon after this, the session starts. You can now relax even more. (most of my parents use this time to have a quick nap or catch up on budget-related work or maybe texts to family, who want to know about your newborn.
- As soon as I'm ready, I will ask you to pop over to the shooting area, to give your little one a cuddle, and this is where the magic happens. I capture you in this moment, this moment where you smell her new-ness, the moment where you look at her and think "wow! I made that!"- Please don't fear - these images are raw and natural, you do not get dolled up for these images, in fact, most of my clients come in their yoga pants and a plain white top, and I use different angles to show off your true beauty. Have a little read here about existing in images (you will thank me later). and if you still fear this moment - I'm here to tell you this truth - These images are NOT for you, they are for your little one, to look back on one day, to treasure for years to come.
- If siblings are joining us in the session, I will ask that you bring them the first 30minutes - 1hour of the session. this way we can get the session done in ample time without them getting bored or irritated. - After this time I ask that a parent or someone collect the sibling(s) and take them to the park or home.
- I will always advise that your bub will feed more than usual during the session, as this is physically exhausting for them as well. This is also the point where I will tell you to not worry when your baby poops on me, its the "perks" of my job.
- Your baby is always my number one priority, so the session always runs to their needs. 80% of the Session will be spent settling and soothing baby.
- Whilst posing your baby, I will ask you to sit down and relax, and if your partner or grandma is present during the session, if and when needed - I will ask them to assist me (this also makes them feel that they are truly part of it, its a time they will always remember). Your job is to rest.
- Once the session is over, you can use my space to do a feed and change baby.
- We say goodbye and meet up again for your Viewing and Ordering appointment in a few weeks after your session.
That's it. Nothing to fear, nothing to worry or stress about. You will love your session, I promise.
A few tidbits about booking a session:
When to book your newborn session…
The best time to photograph a newborn baby is when they are under two weeks of age, after two weeks babies are a little harder to settle and things like colic and baby acne can start to flare up. You can contact us at any time during your pregnancy to give me an estimated due date, we will then make a tentative booking and when you arrive home from the hospital with your brand new baby you can contact us to arrange a suitable time and day for your session.
Where your session is held…
Your newborn session will take place in my studio at Stackwood
How long will your session take...
Newborn sessions can take 3-4 hours, allowing plenty of time for feeding and comforting.
About 2-3 weeks after your session, I will email you to let you know your images are ready to be viewed, where we will arrange the viewing and ordering appointment
Peas in a Pod by Karin Nagel reserves the right to use any photograph in any form such as, but not limited to, the use in advertising, reproduction, and copyright. All images are copyrighted by Peas in a Pod by Karin Nagel, even those you purchase. Copying, scanning or reproducing images is strictly prohibited. Print-screening images from this website is also against the law. All offenders will be prosecuted accordingly. Prices are subject to change without notice and are non-negotiable. Prices are guaranteed for 30 days after your session. Due to the custom nature of photographic products, no refunds will be issued. By hiring Peas in a Pod by Karin Nagel, you agree to these terms.
Below is also a little film clip of the feel of the studio and the sessions. You will see the attention to detail and the care that I take throughout every session.
Peas in a Pod by Karin Nagel. Photography by Karin Nagel located in Fremantle, Perth, Australia. Karin specialises in newborn baby and family portraiture.